KIX Latin America and the Caribbean hub
The Global Partnership for Education Knowledge and Innovation Exchange (KIX), a joint endeavour between the Global Partnership for Education and IDRC, aims to contribute to the improvement of education policy and practice in the Global South.
A key component of KIX is a knowledge sharing and exchange function, where country representatives come together to share information, innovation, and best practices related to education policy and programming and to inform knowledge gaps and policy priorities. Four regional hubs act as knowledge brokering units for KIX. This page provides information on the hub that primarily oversees activities in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Who are we?
The Knowledge and Innovation Exchange (KIX) Latin America and the Caribbean hub (LAC) facilitates cross-country knowledge exchange and mobilization, learning, synthesis, and collaboration among national education stakeholders in eight Global Partnership for Education partner countries. The hub functions as a regional forum within KIX.
A consortium of two organizations manage the LAC hub:
- SUMMA (Laboratory of Education Research and Innovation for Latin America and the Caribbean)
- The Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS)
What do we do?
The eight LAC countries represented by this hub face significant challenges across their education sectors. These will be addressed through a systemic approach that includes:
- Setting a regional agenda on knowledge gaps for scalable policy and practice options for priorities at sub-regional, national, and local levels.
- Identifying evidence oriented to innovative and scalable policy solutions and mobilizing and socializing it through knowledge synthesis, seminars, workshops, and virtual colloquiums with the participation of experts and education stakeholders.
- Building regional and local capacity and networking spaces among key stakeholders by creating a regional network of national representatives convening on a regular basis and a program of internships and exchange programs for ministry of education professionals.
About the region
Latin America has a diversified, active, and well consolidated research community on education topics. The KIX LAC hub will tap into this strong regional capacity and relevant contextual evidence. There is significant heterogeneity in terms of language, population, and economic situations across the eight LAC hub countries.
Setting regional priorities
KIX LAC will identify the challenges and priorities that cut across the eight LAC hub countries by:
- Collecting and analyzing secondary information on the current situation of the GPE partner countries in the region and conducting interviews with key stakeholders in each country;
- conducting country reviews, a comparative analysis, and identifying agendas for their development; and
- opening an agenda for dialogue, exchange, and the mobilization of existing knowledge and innovations to respond to the demands of the countries and the region.
This page will be updated to reflect the priorities identified through this process.