Call for civil registration and vital statistics systems experts
This is a call for experts in civil registration, information technology, public health, statistics, law, and social behaviour change for civil registration and vital statistics systems strengthening.
Professionals who have extensive operational or policymaking experience in civil registration systems, identification, electoral, and single registry programs, stemming from their experience in senior government positions or academia, and/or skills in one of the following specialized areas are invited to register in the directory of experts:
- civil registration;
- statistics (including vital statistics data analysis);
- law (in particular analysis and drafting of legislation);
- management of large operations (including, but not limited to mass mobile civil registration, electoral processes, censuses, national surveys, and identification);
- digitization (including IT systems design, and system integration and interoperability);
- communication, social mobilization and behaviour change (including socio-cultural and anthropological research); and
- public health.
Qualifications of successful candidate
Education: Advanced university degree in the professional’s areas of expertise (law, social sciences, information technology, public health, statistics, management, communication, etc.) or other relevant area. Five years of professional experience may be substituted for an advanced degree.
- Mid-level professional: At least 3-5 years of professional work experience at national, regional, and/or international levels in one or more of the above fields.
- Senior level professional: At least 7-10 years of professional work experience at national, regional, and/or international levels in any of the above mentioned fields.
- Experience in developing countries will constitute a substantial asset for both mid-level and senior professionals.
Experience and/or familiarity with UN agencies, in particular UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA, UNDP, and Economic and Social Commissions is desired and will constitute an asset.
Language proficiency: Fluency in English and/or French is required for any deployment/contract. Fluency in other languages, in particular UN languages or the language of the duty station, will constitute an asset.
Call document (PDF, 889KB)