IDRC launches Strategy 2030 for a more sustainable and inclusive world
IDRC is responding to this urgency for action with Strategy 2030 — an ambitious agenda to create a more sustainable and inclusive world.
Through Strategy 2030, IDRC:
- reaffirms its commitment to investing in high-quality research and innovation in developing countries;
- expands its focus on sharing knowledge for greater uptake and use to increase the reach of the research; and
- continues to mobilize alliances for impact.
Our areas of focus
IDRC’s work over the next decade will be shaped by five areas of focus that contribute to achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals:
- Climate-Resilient Food Systems – building inclusive and sustainable food systems to help develop resilience among communities severely affected by climate change and addressing emerging health threats that arise from food systems.
- Global Health – strengthening health systems and policies so they can deliver better maternal and child health, improved sexual and reproductive health and rights for women and girls, and more effective and equitable preparedness and responses to epidemics.
- Education and Science – ensuring children and youth from vulnerable populations are in school and benefit from high-quality education, while supporting women’s leadership in strong science systems.
- Democratic and Inclusive Governance –investing in research and innovation so that people can claim their rights, shape the policies and practices that affect them, and enjoy the benefits that democracy and inclusive governance bring to everyday life.
- Sustainable Inclusive Economies – building the evidence base to support sustainable development that reduces greenhouse gas emissions while enhancing climate resiliency, fostering shared prosperity, and expanding economic opportunities for women and youth.
To mark our renewed commitment and determination, we are refreshing our visual identity. IDRC’s new logo illustrates our connected principles of partnership, diversity, and collaboration, in addition to the wide range of research activities and solutions at the core of our work. The maple leaf defines IDRC as proudly Canadian.