Primary Duties or Responsibilities
Writing and Editing
- Writes, reviews and edits a variety of communication products, primarily in French, but also in English when needed, to help raise awareness of IDRC within Canada and internationally and communicate the research it supports. There is a strong focus on products that deliver on the IDRC’s new strategic plan through the full range of communications products and channels, including media, social media, and the website.
- Provides editorial and linguistic advice to colleagues and management.
Strategic Planning and Research
- Supports the Corporate Communications Division in implementing communications strategies and initiatives.
- Supports the Corporate Communications Division in the development of policies, guidelines, standards, and strategies to guide the development of quality communications products and services.
- Conducts research to recommend communications products and services and assess their effectiveness. This involves both primary as well as secondary research, based on internal and external resources. It also involves consulting with Centre staff on specific products or initiatives to ensure relevance and accuracy.
- Keeps abreast of opportunities that allow IDRC to showcase its contributions to international development to target audiences.
- Collaborates with other members of the Corporate Communications Division in providing expertise and advice to program staff on strategic communications planning and on standard communications policies and practices.
Product and Project Management
- Manages the timely and relevant development of a wide range of IDRC information and communications products, incl. program brochures, fact sheets, webpages, presentations, speeches, newsletters, social media content, and others, to promote IDRC and to enhance the dissemination of research results and impact.
- Responsible for maintaining country and regional profiles. Contributes to reviewing processes for content creation to minimize the need to re-work program-generated project descriptions, with the goal of producing content in modular formats so that it could easily be re-purposed.
- Develops templates and various “How to” communications documents to establish clear guidelines and tools for Corporate Communications Division, Communications and Media Relations Officers in the regions and in the programs as well as Centre staff. This will contribute to ensuring that service models and processes are tested, continuously improved and communicated. It also ensures a cohesive communications service offering throughout IDRC.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Division and Centre staff and management on communications initiatives and products.
Supports various Corporate and Division initiatives and operational requirements as requested by the Division’s managers, Director and Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Communications.