IDRC Research Awards 2019 Checklist
Please note: Only online applications are accepted
How to apply
- Complete the eligibility and application forms online.
- Your application should be completed in English or French (Canada’s two official languages).
- Submit a complete application by 4:00 pm EDT the day of the deadline.
- Incomplete and late applications will NOT be considered.
After the deadline, members of the selection committees will conduct a preliminary evaluation. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the following documents.
Documents to submit online (in English or French) if you are shortlisted:
- Proof of citizenship or permanent residency, and, if required, a copy of a work permit valid in Canada until December 31, 2019 for the positions in Canada
- Official transcripts from your most recent completed degree AND of your current program (if applicable)
- Confirmation of registration in a master’s or doctoral program (if applicable)
- Curriculum vitae
Shortlisted candidates will receive an e-mail to inform them that they have been shortlisted and instructing them to log in to provide additional information. They will be required to provide the names and contact information of two references: one must be an academic reference and the other must be an employment reference. Once submitted, these contacts will automatically receive an e-mail notification with instructions to complete an online reference form.
We recommend that you notify your references of the process.
If you are a shortlisted candidate, you will be required to upload scanned copies of original or notarized/certified transcripts from your most recent completed degree AND of your current program, even if it is not completed.
(Note: Web transcripts or academic history are not recognized as official transcripts. If you are a citizen of a developing country and cannot submit the requested transcripts, please upload a scanned signed letter on official letterhead from the university confirming the degree and the marks obtained).
Proof of citizenship/permanent residency/work permit
Shortlisted candidates will be required to upload scanned copies of any of the following documents: current passport, birth certificate or Permanent Resident Card, and in some cases, a copy of a work permit that is valid through December 31, 2019.
Instructions for uploading scanned documents
To minimize the number of files uploaded, we require that all documents with multiple pages be merged into one file. For example, a transcript of six pages should be uploaded as one merged file, NOT six separate images.
Some scanners will do this automatically. However, if yours does not, there are manual methods of doing so with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, or other software programs. While IDRC cannot provide instructions, solutions are available on the Internet.