Checklist – IDRC Research Awards 2021
Please note: Only online applications are accepted
How to apply
Apply online (preferably using Firefox or Chrome)
Tasks to be completed online by the deadline:
- Complete the privacy statement, the eligibility questionnaire, and the application form.
- Your application should be completed in English or French (Canada’s two official languages).
- Submit your completed application form by 4:00 pm EDT the day of the deadline.
- Incomplete and late applications will NOT be considered.
Members of the selection committees will conduct a preliminary evaluation after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the following documents.
Documents and information to submit online (in English or French) if you are shortlisted:
- Official transcripts from your most recent completed degree AND of your current program (if applicable);
- confirmation of registration in a master’s or doctoral program (if applicable);
- curriculum vitae;
- recommendations (forms to be completed by recommenders); and
- proof of citizenship or permanent residency, and, if required, a copy of a work permit valid in Canada until December 31, 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will receive an email to inform them that they have been shortlisted. The email will instruct them to log in to provide additional information and documents. Below, we provide more details on some of the tasks.
You must provide the names and contact information of two people: one must be a professor and the other must be a professional reference. Once you have completed the recommendation request forms, the recommenders will automatically receive an email notification that explains the steps of completing an online recommendation form.
Please check the online system periodically to ensure that the recommendations have been received. You will be able to see when the recommenders have completed the forms, but you will not have access to the content. It is your responsibility to ensure this is completed on time. Only when both recommendations are received can you click on the “mark as complete” button. We recommend that you notify your recommenders of this process.
You will be required to upload scanned copies of original or notarized/certified transcripts from your most recent completed degree AND of your current program, even if it is not completed.
(Note: Web transcripts or academic history are not recognized as official transcripts. If you are a citizen of a developing country and cannot submit the requested transcripts, please upload a scanned signed letter on official letterhead from the university confirming the degree and the marks obtained).
Proof of citizenship/permanent residency/work permit
This is the last document to upload. You will be required to upload scanned copies of any of the following documents: current passport, birth certificate or Permanent Resident Card, and in some cases, a copy of a work permit that is valid through December 31, 2021.