Travel and Hospitality
Our senior executives travel regularly to visit funded institutes, donors, and projects, and to participate in conferences and workshops around the world. Members of our Board of Governors make less frequent visits abroad but travel to Ottawa for quarterly Board meetings. The rules and principles governing travel of all IDRC employees are outlined in the policies shown below. These policies ensure coordination and cost-effectiveness of travel abroad and hospitality and a consistent interpretation of the relevant standards normally expected to apply to public sector organizations.
As directed by its Board of Governors, IDRC publishes the travel and hospitality expenses of its senior executives and Governors. IDRC also provides information on the total annual expenses for each of travel, hospitality and conference fees for the corporation.
The information on this website is updated every three months. Amounts include all applicable taxes. Please note that information that would normally be withheld under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act does not appear in this section.
- Code of Conduct (PDF, 140KB)
- Governor Travel (PDF, 412.8KB)
- Governor Honoraria (PDF, 320.6KB)
- Travel (PDF, 291KB)
- Official Centre Hospitality (PDF, 344.8KB)
- Conferences and Events (PDF, 357KB)
- Per diems
Basic controls for travel and hospitality expense reporting
- Expense reports must have supporting documentation, and must be approved by the appropriate manager before processing and payment.
- All senior management and Board of Governors' reports are reviewed for compliance by the Finance and Administration Division. Internal Audit checks these internal controls periodically.