Why we do what we do
Whether in health, security, equity, the environment, or other areas, many of today’s challenges flow freely across borders. We believe that knowledge and solutions should too. One way of doing that is to encourage new and strengthen old partnerships between Canadians and their developing-country colleagues, in ways that favour joint efforts in research and in the exchange of ideas.
Another way is to support critical connections among Canadian research institutions, universities, non-governmental organizations, and others.
We aim to:
- build long-term relationships with key Canadian institutions that share our goals
- support Canadian institutions’ efforts to address international development through research, knowledge-sharing, and networking
- increase the number of Canadians learning about and engaging with international development issues
- broaden connections within the international development community through collaborative research and networking
- explore innovative partnership mechanisms